As a sewbie seller, you’ll be able to post your own product listings with description and pictures, connect directly with your customers, build an indie and fashion design community with other sellers, get some marketing help, and take part in other cool features that we’ve got in store.
So what are we looking for exactly? Strictly items that relate to fashion. Don’t know what that means? Peep the deets:
Divisions: Men, Women, Kids
Main & Sub-Categories:
Clothing – Shirts, Pants, Shorts, Dresses, Sweaters, Outerwear, etc.
Jewelry – Necklaces, Rings, Bracelets, Anklets, etc.
Accessories – Hats, Scarves, Gloves, Headbands, etc.
Bags – Purses, Murses, Clutches, Backpacks, etc.
Shoes – Pumps, Heels, Sandals, Sneakers, Flats, Slippers, etc.
Wondering what works? Here’s a list of what we accept and what we don’t accept:
- Items originally designed by you. Handmade items are always welcome. If produced elsewhere, the design MUST be yours. (Example: T-shirts with your own graphic design on them but you outsource the shirts and screenprinting. This is OK.)
- Vintage items pre-2000 (because that NKOTB shirt from 1989 IS vintage)
- Wearable items in good-excellent condition (if you wouldn’t wear it, don’t sell it).
- Items that are not originally designed by you and/or does not fall under vintage.
- Knockoffs – No bootleg Fucci, Prado, Vouis Luitton, etc. please.
- Items that cannot or should not be worn (only Gaga can pull off a meat dress…ok, maybe not even).
— Serious Inquiries Only. Yes, fashion is subjective but keep the questionable stuff away please: used underwear, skinned puppies, the unwanted sweater your grandma knitted for you on Christmas, etc. There are plenty of other speciality sites for that. —
*Please note that this list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and things are subject to change. We also reserve the right to stop a listing or prevent sales.
**Also note that Sewbie does not condone child labor and if you have to think twice about that then, good luck to you.
On that note, are you or anyone you know interested in joining Sewbie as a seller? If so, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org