A few things probably come to mind when one thinks of Jersey City street style, but it’s becoming increasingly hard to pinpoint in such a densely populated, diverse city. Out-of-towners (heck, even some people who live here) might not know this, but Jersey City is actually closer to Manhattan than a couple of NYC’s actual boroughs. It’s no wonder that the big city’s fashion influence spills over to the neighboring state. NOT all of New Jersey is “Jersey Shore” — let’s get that straight.
Street style blog, downtownnatch.com, scours downtown JC in search of the city’s stylish. Before actually meeting Marinell – the photographer/blogger behind Downtown, natch! (not to mention graphic design & social media extraordinaire) – I read an interview with her where she said that she doesn’t seek to shoot trends and labels, but rather, uniqueness and creativity. This is how I knew we’d get along wonderfully. Not only does she have a great eye, but her attention to detail is second to none. There’s a lot coming up for Downtown, natch! Even a possible Downtown, natch! x Sewbie collabo. Stay tuned.
Here’s a taste of the blog. Click on the pictures to be directed to the original posts, natch.
Closet Freaks, Dustin & Anthony, of urbano-outfitters.com.
Leroy Jenkins LTD.
I always feel like a dumbass when someone is taking my picture. So I end up fiddling around, like look for my pockets, for example.
If you happen to be strolling the PAD in JC, be on the lookout for Marinell & her camera. She’s a sweetheart so don’t be afraid to say hello! Check out more here: www.downtownnatch.com.
It’s smack dab in the middle of a heatwave and I don’t know what the temperature is elsewhere but right this very moment in NYC it is 97 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 10 more degrees of choking humidity and that’s actually what it feels like. But no matter where you are, keep it cool with some of our favorites for the summer – lots of floral, bikes, ring/bracelet combos, cat eyes, and hair bows to dress the updo.
Clockwise from left:
1. Hello Again Vintage Floral Bodysuit 2. Cloud Chaser Clo Bow 3. Sunshine Clo Bow 4.Olive Clo Bow 5. Caviar Noir Moroccan Finger Bracelet 6. Hello Again Vintage 1980s Amalfi Floral High Heel Shoes 7. Samka Sterling Bicycle Earrings 8. Hello Again Vintage Tortoise Cat Eye Sunglasses
Posted in Fashion, Jewelry
Tagged Accessories, bicycle earrings, body armor, bodysuit, bows, cat eye sunglasses, Caviar Noir, Clo Hair Bows, Designer, floral, hair bow, Hello Again Vintage, independent design, Jewelry, Samka, Summer, summer fashion, sunglasses, Vintage
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!
Just a quickie note to give a few exciting updates:
1. This blog! The blog is getting a slight re-design. Nothing too crazy but it will definitely be more eye candy friendly and will showcase our 497690236 social media outlets better.
2. New sellers! They’re coming soon and we’re looking for more. If you or anyone you know is a designer or vintager with awesome stuff, write to us: email@example.com.
3. Newsletters! We’re going to be sending them out. If you want to receive our newsletter, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Promo goodies! Tote bags, stickers, postcards – oh my! If you want to help spread the word about sewbie.com, drop me a note: email@example.com.
These are all in the works and we can’t wait to share it you.
Summers get pretty steamy and sticky up here in the Northeast. Thanks to our ladies from Texas, Katie and Rachel from Alex & Afton, they’re giving us tips on how to cool down this summer in hot vintage finds…on TV!
They were such a hit that they’ll be doing a few more appearances on the show. Congrats to the sweetest and baddest vintage duo ever!
Posted in Fashion
Tagged Alex & Afton, Alex and Afton, clothes, Fashion, Fox51 Today, Summer, summer fashion, Texas, tips on keeping cool, TV appearance, Vintage, vintage fashion